Monday, May 14, 2012

On feeling good. . .

The other day I posted this quote on the PageTurners face book page;
My spelling is Wobbly. It's good spelling but it Wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong places. 
― A.A. Milne


And afterward I was thinking about it, and it reminded me of something I used to do with my  literacy students at the end of the semester — list one thing they could do now that they couldn't do before.


We used to make the list into a poster, and every time I saw it, I'd smile.
It said things like:


 I can spell Wednesday. (And every time I think of this one I grin, remembering the rant this student had made about stupid spelling!)
I can fill out the bank form by myself.
I read a book on my own.
I can work out some big words without asking.
I can read my son his favorite story.
I can leave a note for my daughter. And she can read it. (That's two things)


I wish now I'd kept those posters. 

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'd like to get Page Turners and sent e-mail to office@prace.vic.edu.au five days ago, but I've got no reply yet. I'd like to order from Japan. Please tell me where and how I should order.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for the lack of response. I'm not sure why the email hasn't been answered yet.

    I will follow it up on Monday and ensure your order is filled promptly.

    Thanks for letting me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your quick response!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got reply from PRACE and just ordered all the books. I'm looking forward to the arrival of your books. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent. It would have been yesterday, except it was a public holiday here and the office was closed. Thanks so much for ordering the books. Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete